Have you ever how wondered why some people manage to create tangible results and consistently reach their goals, while others just turn in circles and miss the mark completely? One simple way to understand the difference is to compare the mindset of STATES (or values) to GOALS (or outcomes).
When focusing on STATES:
- we state our outcomes ambiguously; when focusing on GOALS, we state our outcomes specifically
- we write affirmations; when focusing on GOALS, we write our desired outcomes and goals
- we think we should have it now; when focusing on GOALS, we acknowledge that time is involved in creating the necessary conditions for success
- we have no steps in mind; when focusing on GOALS, we start with the end in mind and work backwards to see the steps needed to get there
- the desired state seems immense and infinite in scope; when focusing on GOALS, we focus on measurable outcomes
- values are stated for self and/or others; when focusing on GOALS, they are stated for the self only.
Clear values are essential to inform us of our driving forces, of what provides meaning in our lives. We would invite you use them as fuel for your desired outcomes, and to fully enjoy the fruits of your success!