Dealing with a difficult colleague this week gave me the opportunity to reflect, question my own contribution and come up with my own personal 6 point plan – allow me to share!
- Be introspective, use the conflict as a chance to learn by taking responsibility
- Don’t be tempted to gossip – sharing quickly becomes toxic
- Get solution focussed,allow yourself 10% on the problem, 90% on the solution
- Speak to the person directly, using ‘I….’& not ‘you….’
- Keep a record just incase it escalates (fortunately not in my case!)
- Grow from the experience
There you have it, with this little check list under your belt and maybe you can even embrace the next challenge with relish!