Dealing with a difficult colleague this week gave me the opportunity to reflect, question my own contribution and come up with my own personal 6 point plan – allow me to share!
- Be introspective, use the conflict as a chance to learn by taking responsibility
- Don’t be tempted to gossip – sharing quickly becomes toxic
- Get solution focussed,allow yourself 10% on the problem, 90% on the solution
- Speak to the person directly, using ‘I….’& not ‘you….’
- Keep a record just incase it escalates (fortunately not in my case!)
- Grow from the experience
There you have it, with this little check list under your belt and maybe you can even embrace the next challenge with relish!
You must be logged in to post a comment.