A recent post in the Executive’s magazine Business Leadership Management (BLM) states: “Brains? It doesn’t necessarily mean a high IQ. It means curiosity, common sense, wisdom, imagination, and literacy.”
Sounds like a perfect description of coaching, as practiced by our team at The Coach Approach! Bolstered by our innate curiosity, we support our clients in exploring their best outcomes and ways to realize them. The results? A process which fosters deepening awareness of where they are now (common sense); where they want to get to (imagination); and a variety of possible ways to get there (wisdom).
Awareness – acceptance – actions … brain power incorporating emotional intelligence = the best support for your professional development!
Have you ever how wondered why some people manage to create tangible results and consistently reach their goals, while others just turn in circles and miss the mark completely? One simple way to understand the difference is to compare the mindset of STATES (or values) to GOALS (or outcomes).
When focusing on STATES:
- we state our outcomes ambiguously; when focusing on GOALS, we state our outcomes specifically
- we write affirmations; when focusing on GOALS, we write our desired outcomes and goals
- we think we should have it now; when focusing on GOALS, we acknowledge that time is involved in creating the necessary conditions for success
- we have no steps in mind; when focusing on GOALS, we start with the end in mind and work backwards to see the steps needed to get there
- the desired state seems immense and infinite in scope; when focusing on GOALS, we focus on measurable outcomes
- values are stated for self and/or others; when focusing on GOALS, they are stated for the self only.
Clear values are essential to inform us of our driving forces, of what provides meaning in our lives. We would invite you use them as fuel for your desired outcomes, and to fully enjoy the fruits of your success!